One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of compounds having effects in the body like those of vitamin A.
- ‘Interest in retinoic acid as a chemopreventive agent stems from laboratory research that indicates retinoids are potent modulators of epithelial cell growth and differentiation.’
- ‘Several studies have demonstrated low-dose retinoids in combination with calcium glucarate interact synergistically to inhibit mammary tumor growth in both animal models and human cell lines.’
- ‘Because some patients with atopic dermatitis or severe xerosis are very sensitive to the retinoids, we may start them with a lower strength cream or a weaker topical agent.’
- ‘Although the preclinical data have been promising, human studies using vitamin A or retinoids as chemopreventive agents have been largely disappointing.’
- ‘Although the liver is the primary organ involved in storage and homeostasis of retinoids, adipose depots account for 15 to 20% of total body retinoid stores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.