One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rare malignant tumor of the retina, affecting young children.
- ‘In 1986, he scored a spectacular success when he isolated the gene associated with retinoblastoma, a fierce form of eye cancer.’
- ‘The most urgent diagnosis is retinoblastoma, a malignancy most likely arising from retinal germ cells.’
- ‘In this example, susceptibility to retinoblastoma is inherited as a dominant trait; however, the expression of the tumor within the eye, which requires the presence of two abnormal genes, is technically recessive.’
- ‘Village farmer brings grandson Paarsha to the town doctor only to learn that the child is a one-in-a-million victim of the rare retinoblastoma.’
- ‘The major controversy, however, is the actual magnitude of the risk of second tumors among survivors of retinoblastoma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.