Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the retina of the eye.
- ‘The oral drug is indicated for use in immunocompromised patients for maintenance treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis.’
- ‘Annual testing will allow identification of children who have acquired CMV infection and might benefit from screening for retinitis.’
- ‘Viral retinitis, a potentially sight threatening disease, is caused by herpes simplex virus, varicella zoster virus and cytomegalovirus 1.’
- ‘Ganciclovir implants are effective in treating cytomegalovirus retinitis, a potentially blinding eye disease that affects people with AIDS.’
- ‘Compared with acute retinal necrosis, progressive outer retinal necrosis is a more severe viral retinitis observed in immunocompromised persons, often in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.