A biometric device that scans a person's or animal's retina in infrared for identification purposes.
- ‘He ran up the ramp of his ship and typed in the access code as well as put his eye over the secret retinal scanner.’
- ‘As he moseyed around, not sure what he was looking for, he saw rows of doors down the hall each one with a retinal scanner next to it.’
- ‘Please place your hand in the DNA scanner to your left, and place your eyes at the retinal scanner.’
- ‘The retinal scanner above the bridge entrance scanned Eldon's and Jon's eyes and confirmed they were allowed inside the bridge.’
- ‘There was a retinal scanner in front of him, and he placed his eyes to it.’