Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A biometric device that scans a person's or animal's retina in infrared for identification purposes.
- ‘He ran up the ramp of his ship and typed in the access code as well as put his eye over the secret retinal scanner.’
- ‘As he moseyed around, not sure what he was looking for, he saw rows of doors down the hall each one with a retinal scanner next to it.’
- ‘Please place your hand in the DNA scanner to your left, and place your eyes at the retinal scanner.’
- ‘The retinal scanner above the bridge entrance scanned Eldon's and Jon's eyes and confirmed they were allowed inside the bridge.’
- ‘There was a retinal scanner in front of him, and he placed his eyes to it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.