One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A biometric device that scans a person's or animal's retina in infrared for identification purposes.
- ‘Please place your hand in the DNA scanner to your left, and place your eyes at the retinal scanner.’
- ‘The retinal scanner above the bridge entrance scanned Eldon's and Jon's eyes and confirmed they were allowed inside the bridge.’
- ‘As he moseyed around, not sure what he was looking for, he saw rows of doors down the hall each one with a retinal scanner next to it.’
- ‘There was a retinal scanner in front of him, and he placed his eyes to it.’
- ‘He ran up the ramp of his ship and typed in the access code as well as put his eye over the secret retinal scanner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.