Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A brand of tretinoin, used in the topical treatment of acne and to reduce wrinkles.
- ‘Lastly, if the pimples are inflamed and painful and they aren't going away, you may need to see a dermatologist who can prescribe topical antibiotics, Retin-A, Tazorac or even oral medication.’
- ‘Regular sunscreen use is even more important if you are treating your face with Retin-A or alpha- or beta-hydroxy acids, or getting peels or microdermabrasion - all of which can leave skin more sensitive to the sun's ultraviolet rays.’
- ‘Some drugs, like tetracycline, and skin creams, like Retin-A and those containing retinols, cause an increase in photosensitivity, which makes skin more vulnerable to burning.’
- ‘Retinoic acid, a form of vitamin A that is sold under the brand names Renova, Avita, and Retin-A, can improve fine wrinkles, discoloration, and rough skin from overexposure to sunlight.’
- ‘She likes to supplement her skin care routine with higher strength tretinoin, such as Renova or Retin-A, as she can tolerate them.’
- ‘Exfoliating scrubs and chemicals like alpha-hydroxy acids and retinoids (including retinol, Retin-A and Renova) can leave skin smooth and glowing because they eliminate dull, dead cells on the skin's surface.’
- ‘Some drugs (like the wrinkle cream Retin-A and the acne drug Accutane) make skin more susceptible to sunburn.’
- ‘Derived from vitamin A, these are more commonly known by their brand names - Retin-A and Renova - and require a prescription.’
- ‘I no longer endorse Retin-A (it's so harsh on the skin), and antibiotics I was taking for my acne in high school and college probably led to my becoming so ill in college that one doctor thought I had lupus.’
- ‘Until recently, Retin-A and Renova were the only products that could claim to increase the collagen underlying facial skin, firming the skin and giving it a more youthful appearance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.