Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A very large Asian python patterned with dark patches outlined in black. It is the longest snake at up to 36 feet (11 m)
- ‘On the way to the second level the stairs are lined with some excellent live displays; a huge green iguana, some very curious and playful red-cheeked turtles and, for snake lovers, an American corn snake and a reticulated python.’
- ‘Officials are having talks on whether to add to the list of controlled animals the anaconda, the reticulated python and snapping turtles.’
- ‘Fragrant Flower is the reticulated python found living in a tourism park in central Java which was last week touted as the longest and heaviest snake ever captured - 14.85m and 447 kg.’
- ‘In his new 13-part Animal Planet series, he first heads to Borneo to find the giant reticulated python.’
- ‘The previous largest snake was also a reticulated python measuring a rather puny 9.75 metres or the length of a British double-decker bus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.