One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The only sign of subcontinental - or, indeed, any other decoration are some reticently beaded ceiling lights.’
- ‘This is an opera that definitely sings, but perhaps too reticently for those bred on Verdi, Puccini, and Wagner.’
- ‘Haskil plays the two concertos intimately but not reticently.’
- ‘He looked at me, smiling reticently, and said, ‘I'll pick you up at 7.’’
- ‘It was remarkable to see this young girl walk reticently on stage, sit at the piano and begin to play so naturally, confidently and without any interference to the musical flow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.