A reorganization of a company with a view to achieving greater efficiency and profit, or to adapt to a changing market.
- ‘Many more bankruptcies and restructurings are on the horizon, predict experts.’
- ‘There has been a flurry of asset restructurings in recent months.’
- ‘Regulatory changes allowing foreign banks and firms to own local financial institutions and firms were called for to provide fresh sources of capital in such reorganizations and restructurings.’
- ‘He's also struggled to find the right corporate organization, with three restructurings in four years.’
- ‘He specializes in leading complex company restructurings and management turnarounds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.