Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A reorganization of a company with a view to achieving greater efficiency and profit, or to adapt to a changing market.
- ‘Regulatory changes allowing foreign banks and firms to own local financial institutions and firms were called for to provide fresh sources of capital in such reorganizations and restructurings.’
- ‘There has been a flurry of asset restructurings in recent months.’
- ‘He's also struggled to find the right corporate organization, with three restructurings in four years.’
- ‘He specializes in leading complex company restructurings and management turnarounds.’
- ‘Many more bankruptcies and restructurings are on the horizon, predict experts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.