A fragment of a DNA molecule that has been cleaved by a restriction enzyme.
- ‘Only one restriction fragment was observed using the gene-specific probe at high stringency.’
- ‘We used haplotype analysis, DNA sequencing, and restriction fragment analysis of mutations to evaluate the individuals in these families.’
- ‘The restriction fragments are linked to the adaptors using a DNA ligase.’
- ‘The locus of curvature within a restriction fragment can be determined by the circular permutation assay.’
- ‘The restriction fragments are then separated using sophisticated and expensive electrophoresis equipment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.