One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fragment of a DNA molecule that has been cleaved by a restriction enzyme.
- ‘The restriction fragments are then separated using sophisticated and expensive electrophoresis equipment.’
- ‘Only one restriction fragment was observed using the gene-specific probe at high stringency.’
- ‘The locus of curvature within a restriction fragment can be determined by the circular permutation assay.’
- ‘The restriction fragments are linked to the adaptors using a DNA ligase.’
- ‘We used haplotype analysis, DNA sequencing, and restriction fragment analysis of mutations to evaluate the individuals in these families.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.