Action that interferes with free competition in a market.
- ‘The original Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890 forbade any action that was a ‘conspiracy in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States or with foreign nations.’’
- ‘Therefore, to ensure that markets work effectively, regulation is needed to prevent collective and individual monopolies from operating in restraint of trade.’
- ‘‘Antitrust laws apply to any restraint of trade,’ Donovan explains.’
- ‘In fact, it doesn't happen to be a customer of ours, but there is a very, very large chain that recently filed suit against one of the hair product providers, suing them for restraint of trade.’
- ‘The Court held that picketing could also be a tool of economic coercion and restraint of trade, and hence could be regulated.’