One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Action that interferes with free competition in a market.
- ‘The original Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890 forbade any action that was a ‘conspiracy in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States or with foreign nations.’’
- ‘‘Antitrust laws apply to any restraint of trade,’ Donovan explains.’
- ‘The Court held that picketing could also be a tool of economic coercion and restraint of trade, and hence could be regulated.’
- ‘Therefore, to ensure that markets work effectively, regulation is needed to prevent collective and individual monopolies from operating in restraint of trade.’
- ‘In fact, it doesn't happen to be a customer of ours, but there is a very, very large chain that recently filed suit against one of the hair product providers, suing them for restraint of trade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.