One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Zack, unlike Larissa and me, was not rude, and said politely, though rather restrainedly, ‘This is Winter.’’
- ‘The members of the emergency services were repeatedly but restrainedly commended for doing a fine job.’
- ‘The mostly limestone facades, durable and restrainedly luxurious, are pure emanations of the New York skyscraper vernacular tradition.’
- ‘Internally, the design of the hotel is as restrainedly elegant as its exterior, with use of very few, carefully chosen materials.’
- ‘‘Porch’ starts restrainedly, with vibes gradually added to the group's intricate interplay, but tension builds until the piece explodes in a carefully modulated hailstorm of guitar strafings and thunderous drumming.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.