One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The members of the emergency services were repeatedly but restrainedly commended for doing a fine job.’
- ‘Zack, unlike Larissa and me, was not rude, and said politely, though rather restrainedly, ‘This is Winter.’’
- ‘‘Porch’ starts restrainedly, with vibes gradually added to the group's intricate interplay, but tension builds until the piece explodes in a carefully modulated hailstorm of guitar strafings and thunderous drumming.’
- ‘The mostly limestone facades, durable and restrainedly luxurious, are pure emanations of the New York skyscraper vernacular tradition.’
- ‘Internally, the design of the hotel is as restrainedly elegant as its exterior, with use of very few, carefully chosen materials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.