One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Keeping your baby's room dark at naptime may help her sleep more restfully.’
- ‘I turn restfully under my ample bedding, nestling my sumptuous pillows into shape as the soft twirping of Ecuadorian birdsong echoes from the garden, soothing me into a state of deeper slumber.’
- ‘She passed into cool twilight; her eye traveled restfully over old mosaics, gold on blue, dull red on gold.’
- ‘The house is so restfully quiet she can hear the crickets chirping in the bushes outside, and the slight rattle of the teapot cover as her water bubbles to a boil on the stove.’
- ‘Even the noise or light of an electric clock will keep you from sleeping restfully.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.