One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The mass of a body when at rest.
- ‘Any object with a non-zero rest mass (like a dust mote) can never reach light speed.’
- ‘A photon has zero rest mass, but it carries energy and momentum.’
- ‘Wolfgang Pauli suggested in 1930 that beta decay must involve a third particle that would be neutral, have negligible rest mass and a spin of one-half.’
- ‘The concept of the rest mass derives from special relativity.’
- ‘The neutrino was known from the start to be an extraordinarily light particle, perhaps massless, since its rest mass could never be detected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.