One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The mass of a body when at rest.
- ‘The neutrino was known from the start to be an extraordinarily light particle, perhaps massless, since its rest mass could never be detected.’
- ‘Any object with a non-zero rest mass (like a dust mote) can never reach light speed.’
- ‘The concept of the rest mass derives from special relativity.’
- ‘Wolfgang Pauli suggested in 1930 that beta decay must involve a third particle that would be neutral, have negligible rest mass and a spin of one-half.’
- ‘A photon has zero rest mass, but it carries energy and momentum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.