One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a psalm or liturgical chant) recited in parts with a congregational response between each part.
- ‘Frank sang the responsorial psalm, ‘Like the deer that yearns for running streams, so my soul is yearning for you my God’.’
- ‘The choir she had sung in so often sang Lean On Me after the responsorial psalm.’
- ‘The words of the responsorial psalm (the response today was ‘In every age, O Lord, you have been our refuge’) fit very comfortably with the vocal ethos of blues.’
- ‘I became very attentive to the music used at Mass and collected all the responsorial psalms, hymns, and songs.’
- ‘Gregorian and Old Roman offertories are melismatic responsorial chants, the majority taken from the psalms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.