Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having the ability to find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties.
ingenious, imaginative, inventive, creativeView synonyms
- ‘They require committed resourceful parents who will be able to rise to the challenges they will face over the years.’
- ‘He was looking for under-utilised joinery skills, a resourceful design team as well as local supplies of timber.’
- ‘Those scissors remind me of the creative inventive and resourceful things my mother did.’
- ‘You must be resourceful and ready for the challenge of design.’
- ‘Parents have an obligation to train their children to be resourceful and useful members of society.’
- ‘And no one has special powers of any sort, although of course everyone is super talented and resourceful.’
- ‘As an author, you will have to be creative and resourceful in marketing yourself and your book.’
- ‘They rationalise the action claiming that their children are not mature and resourceful enough for this task.’
- ‘And although she is still so young I can tell she is like me, determined and resourceful.’
- ‘But under his wise and brave and resourceful guidance, it will be achieved.’
- ‘After all they have to be pretty resourceful to be able to make it this far.’
- ‘She was resourceful, industrious and an extremely skilful and creative cook and homemaker.’
- ‘A year later she had blossomed into an independent, resourceful young woman.’
- ‘How might an energetic and resourceful air force leadership deal with this situation?’
- ‘He talks as if he's on the radio - which is to say he's fluent, quick-witted and resourceful.’
- ‘If we believe in our ability to be inventive and resourceful then we have every reason to believe we can make changes.’
- ‘Fortunately, the two counselors at the orphanage proved to be very quick and resourceful.’
- ‘She has had to be imaginative and resourceful in finding compensating sources.’
- ‘They take advantage of current technologies in resourceful and imaginative ways.’
- ‘The fans have once more shown how extremely resourceful they are.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.