One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A measure of the resisting power of a specified material to the flow of an electric current.
- ‘Water was drawn only when the measured specific resistivity was 18.2 M ohm cm, indicating that the maximal grade of purity had been reached.’
- ‘Measuring electrical resistivity in soil and rock turns out to be quite useful.’
- ‘The lower sheet resistivity also reduces the current crowding, which would otherwise give rise to excessive non-uniform device self-heating under high DC operation.’
- ‘Electrical conductivity is the inverse quantity to electrical resistivity.’
- ‘In addition to their ease of processing, polymers possess favorable electrical and mechanical properties such as high resistivity, low dielectric constants, light weight, and flexibility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.