One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The group has been holding events in the city annually but says that for the 60th anniversary commemoration all next week the emphasis will be on survivors, resisters and rebuilding.’
- ‘As the deadline looms, federal officials insist they'll do all they can to avert a showdown with the resisters, saying no one will be evicted without a court hearing.’
- ‘But some attempts to stamp out resistance can increase it, by enlarging the recruitment pool of resisters.’
- ‘But by April, the resisters also changed tactic.’
- ‘Many draft resisters, conscientious objectors and protesters had been fined or gaoled, while soldiers sometimes met a hostile reception on their return home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.