One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But by April, the resisters also changed tactic.’
- ‘Many draft resisters, conscientious objectors and protesters had been fined or gaoled, while soldiers sometimes met a hostile reception on their return home.’
- ‘As the deadline looms, federal officials insist they'll do all they can to avert a showdown with the resisters, saying no one will be evicted without a court hearing.’
- ‘But some attempts to stamp out resistance can increase it, by enlarging the recruitment pool of resisters.’
- ‘The group has been holding events in the city annually but says that for the 60th anniversary commemoration all next week the emphasis will be on survivors, resisters and rebuilding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.