One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The resinous juices from the seed casing of the opium poppy are the source of naturally occurring narcotics.’
- ‘Pinaceae are generally evergreen and all parts are resinous and aromatic.’
- ‘Archeological evidence suggests that ancient Egyptians used resinous adhesives at least 6,000 years ago.’
- ‘The large buds of mountain ash and poplars have a sticky, resinous covering that partially protects them from hungry animals.’
- ‘The condensation reaction between phenol and formaldehyde, resulting in resinous products, had been known since 1870.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.