One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The resinous juices from the seed casing of the opium poppy are the source of naturally occurring narcotics.’
- ‘Archeological evidence suggests that ancient Egyptians used resinous adhesives at least 6,000 years ago.’
- ‘Pinaceae are generally evergreen and all parts are resinous and aromatic.’
- ‘The condensation reaction between phenol and formaldehyde, resulting in resinous products, had been known since 1870.’
- ‘The large buds of mountain ash and poplars have a sticky, resinous covering that partially protects them from hungry animals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.