One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Having put my hats away for another year, I resignedly shake the mothballs from my woollens and resolutely turn to face the dark months ahead.’
- ‘‘I am facing decisions all my life,’ he said resignedly, while checking in luggage.’
- ‘His father shrugged and said resignedly, ‘I'm calling the police.’’
- ‘‘I really don't listen to anything to be honest with you,’ he resignedly admits from his Dallas home.’
- ‘‘I have far too much to do and give myself silly deadlines,’ he says resignedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.