A substance or thing that remains or is left behind, in particular, a chemical residue.→ residua
remainder, remaining part, part leftover, rest, remnant, remnantsView synonyms
- ‘Type I peridotites are interpreted to be the residua remaining after extraction of a partial melt.’
- ‘The barite ore is massive and occurs within residuum derived from carbonate units.’
- ‘But figuring out exactly how to regenerate ammonia borane from the residuum left after hydrogen has been extracted remains a stumbling block.’
- ‘After evaluation of the residuum and comparison with a threshold value, a fault signal is generated when the residuum reaches the threshold value.’
- ‘These soils are moderately deep to deep, well-drained loam or silt loam surface soils with loam or silty clay loam subsoils, formed primarily in sandstone residuum.’
Late 17th century: from Latin, neuter of residuus remaining from the verb residere.