One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A delegate elected to represent a dependency, such as Puerto Rico, in the US House of Representatives. They are able to speak in the House and serve on committees, but may not vote.
- ‘Aside from the nonvoting resident commissioner, Puerto Ricans lack representation in Congress.’
- ‘An elected resident commissioner represents the island in the U.S. Congress but has no vote.’
- ‘Puerto Rico's lone representative to that body, a resident commissioner in the House, has voice but no vote except in committees.’
- ‘The island is represented in the U.S House of Representatives by a resident commissioner, which for many years was a nonvoting position.’
- ‘At National level, a resident commissioner was charged with the overall coordination of provinces and districts while the minister of Local Government was responsible for local government administration.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.