One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A foreign national living on an official basis in a country of which they are not a citizen.‘appointees must be US citizens or resident aliens’
- ‘Military tribunals may not try U.S. citizens or lawful resident aliens.’
- ‘Who can participate: anyone over 15 years old who is a US citizen or resident alien.’
- ‘However, only 2% of the total Latino legal resident aliens receive any welfare benefits.’
- ‘Following that period, no resident alien could apply for a guest worker permit.’
- ‘In 1998, 52% of the students on campus were U.S. citizens, with the next largest group being resident aliens.’
- ‘He is a permanent resident alien living near his family in Southern California.’
- ‘In short, a marriage license entitles my husband to a green card and resident alien status in the US.’
- ‘US citizens, US nationals, and permanent resident aliens who have completed no more than one year of graduate study are eligible to apply.’
- ‘Be sure to bring your driver's license, passport, resident alien card or other identification with you.’
- ‘My wife and I have been resident aliens in the United States since 1984.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.