One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The average length of time during which a substance, a portion of material, or an object is in a given location or condition, such as adsorption or suspension.
- ‘The offset in these two curves reflects the lengthy residence time for bioclasts in this high wave energy coastal environment, and a component of sediment recycling from older barriers.’
- ‘The residence time is the average time an element spends in the ocean before it is removed to the sediment.’
- ‘The residence time of the participating water molecules can vary significantly.’
- ‘The less material there is to heat, the shorter the required residence time.’
- ‘The actual increase would be much less, since the residence time of water vapor in the atmosphere is about nine days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.