One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the military reserve forces.
- ‘Military reservists and guardsmen found themselves out of their depth.’
- ‘A critical look at how the other services support their reservists may be helpful.’
- ‘When a sponsored reservist is on active duty, the military commander assumes responsibility for work products and services.’
- ‘The typical reservist might be deployed for another 12 months over the next couple years.’
- ‘Many are coping without key employees, as military reservists are called to active duty.’
- ‘Many reservists and guardsmen currently serving abroad are facing the same problem.’
- ‘I very often see soldiers and reservists where I live and I have a family member serving in the Australian Army.’
- ‘The act allowed individual reservists and Guardsmen to volunteer for active duty.’
- ‘For some of the reservists, the deployment meant delaying major events in their lives.’
- ‘She has spent 17 of her 26 years in the military, as a reservist with the 91st Division.’
- ‘National Guard members and reservists are now covered by the program while on active duty.’
- ‘The reservist should share information about military assignments or specialties with an employer.’
- ‘Forty of the failures were reservists with the Territorial Army.’
- ‘Volunteering for military deployments is another area in which Air Force reservists excel.’
- ‘He was 34 and like most of his company a reservist, called up for emergency military service a week ago on Friday.’
- ‘So far 1,500 Territorial Army British reservists have been called up for a possible conflict.’
- ‘The idea was that the active army was basically a training organization for the wartime army of reservists.’
- ‘The majority of reservists and guardsmen hold down civilian jobs and many support families.’
- ‘Such animosity stems from a particularly low level of morale among the Guardsmen and reservists.’
- ‘The deployment also gave the reservists a rare insight to working with active duty Marines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.