One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Terrence glared resentfully at his youngest son, who only glared more furiously back.’
- ‘When his mother abandoned the family when he was four, two aunts were reluctantly and resentfully compelled to raise Billy and his older sister, Florence.’
- ‘But most residents are still too emotionally bruised to do anything except stare resentfully from a distance.’
- ‘The angry mood suggests too many people will be going to the polls resentfully.’
- ‘It's a job I'll do for as long as it takes to actually find the right job and at that point I'll quit and leave them scrambling, resentfully, to find my replacement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.