One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a job I'll do for as long as it takes to actually find the right job and at that point I'll quit and leave them scrambling, resentfully, to find my replacement.’
- ‘When his mother abandoned the family when he was four, two aunts were reluctantly and resentfully compelled to raise Billy and his older sister, Florence.’
- ‘The angry mood suggests too many people will be going to the polls resentfully.’
- ‘Terrence glared resentfully at his youngest son, who only glared more furiously back.’
- ‘But most residents are still too emotionally bruised to do anything except stare resentfully from a distance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.