Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Founded on an accumulation of facts that have been obtained by research.‘research-based findings’
technological, technicalView synonyms
- ‘Their goal was very specific - to increase the research-based offerings at the conference.’
- ‘Developmental scientists have research-based interventions that help violent children, but they cost money and take time.’
- ‘Farmers identified problems and scientists worked to provide research-based solutions.’
- ‘The discovery, development and marketing of new pharmaceutical products is the essence of the research-based pharmaceutical industry.’
- ‘Psychologists should inform teachers about effective, research-based teaching practices and related resources.’
- ‘This volume is a consistently excellent research-based overview of major topics in human sexuality.’
- ‘Applicants must be doctoral-level psychologists engaged in a research-based program related to violence prevention.’
- ‘Master's level students are required to earn authorship on a research-based manuscript submitted to a refereed journal.’
- ‘The information and demonstrations are unbiased and research-based.’
- ‘We are trying to lead the field in research-based fine art education.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.