One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then there are always the enormous old classics that you haven't got around to reading and that are staring at you reproachfully from the shelf, like the rest of Dickens or the rest of Balzac.’
- ‘Eli looked at Tim reproachfully as the two joined the stream of teens heading for the doors.’
- ‘Just below, a freshly skinned ox head, looking chillingly alive, stares reproachfully at the viewer.’
- ‘Two women walking past started and glanced my way reproachfully.’
- ‘He circled me and I kept my eye reproachfully on him watching for his first movement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.