One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A reproduction or copy, particularly of a piece of furniture.‘a Georgian repro cabinet’
artificial, synthetic, simulated, man-made, manufactured, ersatz, substituteView synonyms
- ‘The placemats are repros of old Bulgarian communist newspapers.’
- ‘Prices at Chesney's, which specialises in traditional models, start at £550 for a repro Victorian surround, up to £3,000, excluding the grate and hearthstone.’
- ‘Décor is classic repro antique comfort, beds have mega downy pillows and soft cotton sheets changed daily.’
2The action or process of copying a document or image.‘a repro house’
- ‘Its doors opened last year in a house dating from the 1920s, with decor that is reminiscent of the times to which its name refers, in a way that is retro without being self-consciously or slavishly repro.’
- ‘Or graffit sines - high production because of all the colour repro.’
- ‘Graphotism is bastard expensive though - all that colour repro.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.