One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Initially he did indeed offer some respite from the repressiveness of the two preceding popes.’
- ‘The casual repressiveness of these images, the one frightening, the other poignant, itself seems sewn into the very fabric of Afghani society.’
- ‘This was because of its repressiveness, which weakened its apparatus and opened up the need for public participation.’
- ‘The arrival of the work teams was greeted at first with joy, but their repressiveness soon led to a change.’
- ‘A whole school of British film and television drama perpetuates the romanticized myth of working-class life - a kind of ‘noble savage’ genre that utterly falsifies the grim repressiveness that this life actually embodies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.