One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Each claims that it has standing to sue representatively, on behalf of its members, and for the injuries the organization has itself suffered.’
- ‘We had only six L. marinas, so we may not have sampled the polymorphism within that species representatively.’
- ‘It is much less adept at counting employees in small businesses, simply because there are too many small enterprises to representatively sample them.’
- ‘A left lower lobectomy was performed, and sectioning of the lung demonstrated a 1.3-cm firm, tan-pink mass which was representatively frozen.’
- ‘The revolutionaries of 1789 assumed that national sovereignty could only be exercised representatively, but within ten years Napoleon had begun to show how it could be appropriated to legitimize dictatorship and even monarchy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.