One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Far less reposeful is Andre Derain's Dance, where colours skirmish in an ultra-patterned, stage-set, Gauguinesque jungle.’
- ‘The reposeful haven where the Mahatma was stretching his tired limbs at the time is a quaint brick and wood building named Mani Bhawan.’
- ‘The Buddhists, says this latest study, are happier than most of us because their religion encourages them to think with a different side of the brain, the peaceful, reposeful side as opposed to the angry bits which drive most of us.’
- ‘This life, since it is characterized by action, eventually leads to exhaustion, and the desire, not for autonomous action, but for reposeful contemplation - of a fulfillment that is purely intellectual and eternal.’
- ‘Throughout the album, the duo justifies this practice by cloaking their reposeful, melodious - nay, even mellifluous - sound in almost uncomfortably intimate production.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.