One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving the replication of genetic material or living organisms.
- ‘Normal diploid human cells multiply for a finite number of generations and then enter a state of replicative senescence.’
- ‘In addition, recombination may lead to the acquisition of mutations that compensate for a loss in viral fitness or replicative capacity due to previous acquisition of resistance mutations.’
- ‘Regardless of these problems, viral vectors which are replicative defective like El, E3-deleted, replication-deficient recombinant adenoviruses, have been used extensively in immunotherapy.’
- ‘A common attribute of many of these single-stranded RNA viruses is the creation of a short-lived replicative intermediate, double-stranded RNA during the process of intracellular replication.’
- ‘Viruses basically clone themselves by various means, and due to replicative error reproduction, they have a high mutation rate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.