The action of restoring the flow of blood to an organ or tissue, typically after a heart attack or stroke.
- ‘The pulmonary artery pressure during the initial 10 minutes of reperfusion is of prime importance.’
- ‘Reperfusion was by angioplasty or stenting or by thrombolytic use.’
- ‘Reperfusion of the artery affected by infarction occasionally fails with thrombolytic treatment.’
- ‘In essence, prompt reperfusion is sacrificed for effective reperfusion.’
- ‘The importance of time to reperfusion in reducing mortality cannot be overestimated.’