One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If the relationship is not neutral, it is one of repellence rather than attraction-and that is the dark side of the ‘soft power’ coin.’
- ‘It adds gloss and water repellence and so protects the finish.’
- ‘Although the selective agent is unknown, the adaptive evolution of this gene may have resulted in increased effectiveness of pollinator attraction or herbivore repellence.’
- ‘Linen will also be mixed with wool to create new performance fabrics of a high calibre with improved touch, softer hand and added water repellence.’
- ‘To have occasional draconian enforcement might provide sufficient repellence, but is hardly the way to build justice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.