One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Over and over again; constantly.‘they have been warned repeatedly with no effect’
frequently, often, again and again, over and over, over and over again, time and again, time and time again, time after time, many times, on many occasions, many a time, many times overView synonyms
- ‘She repeatedly called such members of the audience to the dance floor.’
- ‘Hughes uses a lot of graveyard imagery, repeatedly emphasising the darkness of his subject matter.’
- ‘More realisations are bound to come to me over the next ten days but my housemate repeatedly informed me that Goldie lives in Northwood.’
- ‘From that point on we showed her reaching out repeatedly, trying again and again to find ways out of the maze she found herself trapped in.’
- ‘Neruda repeatedly spoke for persecuted writers, including, or especially, those with whom he disagreed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.