One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Psychotherapy aimed at changing a person's homosexuality and based on the view that homosexuality is a mental disorder.
- ‘I'll see if I can dig out the results on ‘ex-gay’ so-called reparative therapy.’
- ‘When his boyfriend's mother found out about the relationship and pulled her son out of school, Adams tried reparative therapy and counseling - again to no avail.’
- ‘This fall, Love Won Out, a one-day conference on reparative therapy sponsored by Focus on the Family, will set up shop in Boston at the Tremont Temple Baptist Church.’
- ‘Family Fundamentals illustrates this divide with a segment on Kathleen, who is active in the reparative therapy movement.’
- ‘Catholic psychologist Joesph Nicolosi, known for so-called reparative therapy for homosexuality, supplies a clinical foreword.’
- ‘In October it became known that they had given $8 million to a Christian school connected with the notorious Coral Ridge Ministries, which promotes reparative therapy to ‘cure’ gays.’
- ‘Wayne Besen's acclaimed and engaging work debunks ‘ex-gay’ myths, including reparative therapy and the political movement built on supposed ex-gay ‘success’ stories.’
- ‘Yet, they endorse Throckmorton and by extension reparative therapy, a practice that holds that homosexuals are sick and need to be fixed.’
- ‘On the subject of reparative therapy, do you think any gay people would want to be straight if there weren't an antigay climate in this country?’
- ‘Despite the lingering problem of reparative therapy, activists say the the group's move remains a real victory for gays in China.’
- ‘Kauth's discussion of Joseph Nicolosi's reparative therapy erroneously implies that it is based on principles of conditioning.’
- ‘‘There are lots of [gay] reparative therapy groups here,’ Taylor said.’
- ‘It is true that reparative therapy groups claim people are cured: They stay married or get married, become celibate, and all repress their feelings.’
- ‘If the literature of reparative therapy teaches anything, it is how deep homosexuality runs in a person's identity, and how enormously difficult it is to alter.’
- ‘‘It would seem that reparative therapy is sometimes successful,’ he says.’
- ‘He wasn't queer because same-sex love was honorable in his time but because he suffered from mother horror and father fixation - a good candidate for reparative therapy.’
- ‘The good news, the psychologist tells us, is homosexuality is preventable and treatable through so-called reparative therapy.’
- ‘Going straight is a fascinating Guardian article about reparative therapy used to ‘cure’ homosexuality and the ex-gay movement in America.’
- ‘Guess which highly respected professional health organizations in the United States think the whole reparative therapy movement is a dangerous lie?’
- ‘When it came to so-called reparative therapy, I was helping Laura with an article for her newsletter that exposed this ‘cure for homosexuality’ as the nonsense that it is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.