One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of renovating a building.‘this property is in need of complete renovation’‘older churches underwent major renovations’
modernization, restoration, redecoration, refurbishment, revamping, makeover, reconditioning, rehabilitation, overhauling, repair, redevelopment, rebuilding, reconstruction, remodelling, updating, improvementView synonyms
- ‘The family lived in the house while the first renovation was taking place.’
- ‘How much you earn on renovations differs from one part of the country to the next.’
- ‘And make sure your policy includes any renovations you may have done to your home.’
- ‘Since the property was a rental, major landscaping renovations were not an option.’
- ‘Speak with family and friends who have done renovations or built a home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.