One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of renovating a building.‘this property is in need of complete renovation’‘older churches underwent major renovations’
modernization, restoration, redecoration, refurbishment, revamping, makeover, reconditioning, rehabilitation, overhauling, repair, redevelopment, rebuilding, reconstruction, remodelling, updating, improvementView synonyms
- ‘Since the property was a rental, major landscaping renovations were not an option.’
- ‘How much you earn on renovations differs from one part of the country to the next.’
- ‘The family lived in the house while the first renovation was taking place.’
- ‘Speak with family and friends who have done renovations or built a home.’
- ‘And make sure your policy includes any renovations you may have done to your home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.