One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In 1948 the States Rights Democratic Party was founded by diehard Southern Democrats opposed to President Truman's renomination as Democrat candidate, on account of his stand on civil rights.’
- ‘Three and a half months later, he pulled out of the Democratic race for renomination because he couldn't win.’
- ‘His support had plummeted in the polls while his decision to fight to his political death seemingly ruled out any chance Democrats might support his renomination in 2004.’
- ‘Having satisfied neither liberals nor conservatives, Carter narrowly won renomination but then lost the 1980 election to Ronald Reagan.’
- ‘Meanwhile, within the Whig camp, incumbent President John Tyler was denied renomination due to his party's dissatisfaction with his excessive use of the veto against their own legislation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.