One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Stalked, reniform sporangia reside clearly in the axis of the leaves.’
- ‘Asymmetric divisions lead to the formation of a pair of reniform guard cells surrounding the stomatal opening.’
- ‘The pale form is straw-colored with mahogany brown markings at the edges of the wings, whereas the dark form has the entire forewing mahogany-colored except for a paler line round the orbicular and reniform stigmata.’
- ‘Scattered among the large cells were occasional multinucleated ‘hallmark’ tumor cells exhibiting horseshoe-shaped or reniform nuclei with perinuclear hofs.’
- ‘Lateral branches dichotomize several times before terminating in pairs of reniform sporangia.’
Mid 18th century: from Latin ren ‘kidney’ + -form.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.