One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Negotiation of something again in order to change the original agreed terms.‘they demanded renegotiation of the treaty’count noun ‘debt renegotiations’
- ‘The sponsorship of the hurling championship is up for renegotiation next year.’
- ‘In the long term, he suggested a renegotiation of the Good Friday Agreement.’
- ‘Another option is always for the buyer to come up with a larger down payment, or renegotiation of the loan terms.’
- ‘His prime objective was the renegotiation of the Japan-US Security Treaty.’
- ‘The company would not disclose the reasons for the renegotiation of the deal.’
- ‘Weak trading has apparently triggered a clause in the sale agreement enabling a renegotiation of the price.’
- ‘The state administration finally requested contract renegotiations in November.’
- ‘The union achieved its first renegotiation of pay and conditions since 1946.’
- ‘During contract renegotiations in 1940, he led a picket line of guild members outside a New York theater.’
- ‘Renegotiation of contracts is going to be an expensive business in future, it would seem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.