One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for kidney stone
- ‘The hypercalcaemia can manifest itself in symptoms such as hyperemesis gravidarum, weakness, renal calculi, pancreatitis, spontaneous abortion, or fetal death.’
- ‘With respect to non-malignant disease, renal calculi and various causes of raised serum creatinine were significantly more common in patients with a positive test for microhaematuria.’
- ‘Compared with abdominal ultrasonography and KUB radiography, intravenous pyelography has greater sensitivity and specificity for the detection of renal calculi.’
- ‘Depending on where they are located, kidney stones are also known as renal calculi, urinary calculi, urinary tract stone disease, nephrolithiasis, urolithiasis, and ureterolithiasis.’
- ‘Tomograms of the kidneys, ureter, and bladder revealed renal calculi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.