Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for kidney stone
- ‘With respect to non-malignant disease, renal calculi and various causes of raised serum creatinine were significantly more common in patients with a positive test for microhaematuria.’
- ‘Depending on where they are located, kidney stones are also known as renal calculi, urinary calculi, urinary tract stone disease, nephrolithiasis, urolithiasis, and ureterolithiasis.’
- ‘Tomograms of the kidneys, ureter, and bladder revealed renal calculi.’
- ‘Compared with abdominal ultrasonography and KUB radiography, intravenous pyelography has greater sensitivity and specificity for the detection of renal calculi.’
- ‘The hypercalcaemia can manifest itself in symptoms such as hyperemesis gravidarum, weakness, renal calculi, pancreatitis, spontaneous abortion, or fetal death.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.