Relating to the kidneys.‘renal failure’
- ‘There were also reductions in myocardial infarction and renal failure.’
- ‘We also excluded women with a history of kidney or bladder stones, renal failure, or hypercalcaemia.’
- ‘Filtered blood leaves the kidney through the renal vein and flows back to the heart.’
- ‘The number of people who develop end stage renal failure and require renal replacement therapy is ever increasing.’
- ‘Eight years later she died of carcinoma of the oesophagus and chronic renal failure.’
Mid 17th century: from French rénal, from late Latin renalis, from Latin renes kidneys.