One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feature on a motor vehicle enabling doors to be locked and unlocked by remote control.‘remote locking comes standard’
- ‘She found she could not use the remote locking, as the car knew its bonnet was not properly closed and would start beeping as soon as she walked away.’
- ‘The 1.6 comes with electric windows, a radio/CD player, electric heated mirrors, alarm immobiliser and remote locking.’
- ‘The remote locking zapper is also the key.’
- ‘Options such as ABS brakes and remote locking will cost you extra.’
- ‘The model as tested came with remote locking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.