One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a machine or apparatus) controlled from a distance by means of radio or infrared signals transmitted from a device.‘a remote-controlled robot’‘remote-controlled planes’
- ‘They spent almost a billion dollars sending a couple of remote-controlled cars to Mars to find something they already knew was there.’
- ‘Two torpedo tubes are designed for firing remote-controlled torpedoes with a very high accuracy.’
- ‘Officials were not permitted to install remote-controlled monitoring cameras at two weapons testing sites.’
- ‘The company has designed remote-controlled devices for use at NASA facilities for training purposes.’
- ‘Kids got the opportunity to hold the steering of a remote-controlled sleek car.’
- ‘The defence agencies could use the remote-controlled vehicle to traverse minefields.’
- ‘It is remote-controlled and carries a tiny camera that can send images.’
- ‘Some officials suggested the bomb was remote-controlled.’
- ‘A remote-controlled bomb on a motorcycle exploded at a popular shopping center.’
- ‘It has been suggested the missile may have been fired from a remote-controlled drone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.