One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A second or subsequent marriage.‘her mother's remarriage caused tensions between them’mass noun ‘a widow's prospects of remarriage’
- ‘I told him of having divorced parents, about my father's remarriage to a total slut.’
- ‘Many women are reluctant to divorce because remarriage is difficult for them.’
- ‘Nearly 50% of first marriages and an even higher proportion of remarriages are ending in divorce.’
- ‘In fact, the only marriage rates that are going up are remarriages.’
- ‘Remarriage also brings increased risk of sexual abuse, especially for stepdaughters.’
- ‘There is no impediment to remarriage with another partner for either men or women.’
- ‘The country's divorce rate is rising, and divorce and remarriage are considered socially acceptable.’
- ‘Three out of five remarriages of divorced women to single men involve a younger husband.’
- ‘Couples get married late in life, and divorce and remarriage are common.’
- ‘At the core of Hamlet is a domestic triangle in which Claudius's stepson does his level best to break up his mother's remarriage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.