1A service that anonymously forwards email so as to disguise the original sender.
- ‘I know they are talking about open relays, but is it vague enough to also mean remailers, anonymous mailers and disposable email services are now illegal.’
- ‘A spammer could then use these infected computers as an anonymous remailer for his wares.’
- ‘For example, dissident scientologists sent secret information to e-mail lists, remaining anonymous by using remailers.’
- ‘Finally, to consider some more dramatic possibilities, the government could launch a denial of service attack on any remaining anonymous remailers, which guarantee the privacy of both the sender and receiver of e-mail.’
- ‘You can always use anonymous web-based email, or simply a remailer, to make sure your IP doesn't show up in the message header.’
- 1.1A forwarding service for mail that takes advantage of cheaper or more efficient postal services in other countries.