One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
No longer feeling distressed or anxious; reassured.‘relieved parents who had waited anxiously for news’
glad, thankful, grateful, pleased, happyView synonyms
- ‘She was relieved to see the bright lights of the terminal only a few feet away.’
- ‘Are you relieved to know that she's not dying or very ill?’
- ‘At this point I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.’
- ‘More than 30 were relieved to discover they were staying at the school.’
- ‘However, I also felt relieved that he wasn't here to complicate things.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.