One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dependent on someone or something.‘the company is heavily reliant on the baby market’
- ‘Farmers reliant on a limited range of organic crops are likely to suffer significantly.’
- ‘Certain sections of society have become far too reliant on the state.’
- ‘Science fiction movies have become all too reliant on CGI these days.’
- ‘We are a small open island economy, heavily reliant on our external trading partners for our economic prosperity.’
- ‘Sound, even more than image, is reliant on the quality of the source recording.’
- ‘Were clouds to close in, the aircraft would be reliant upon three instruments to aid the navigator.’
- ‘The book tries to explores the intense emotional bond that forms between people when they become reliant on each other.’
- ‘Debt relief would barely make up for the fall in commodity prices such as coffee and cotton on which many developing nations' economies are reliant.’
- ‘He talks about how man cannot rely on his own skills to survive in the modern world, how he's reliant on many others for his sense of self.’
- ‘We are reliant upon debt for our money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.