One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dependent on someone or something.‘the company is heavily reliant on the baby market’
- ‘Sound, even more than image, is reliant on the quality of the source recording.’
- ‘Certain sections of society have become far too reliant on the state.’
- ‘Farmers reliant on a limited range of organic crops are likely to suffer significantly.’
- ‘Science fiction movies have become all too reliant on CGI these days.’
- ‘He talks about how man cannot rely on his own skills to survive in the modern world, how he's reliant on many others for his sense of self.’
- ‘The book tries to explores the intense emotional bond that forms between people when they become reliant on each other.’
- ‘Debt relief would barely make up for the fall in commodity prices such as coffee and cotton on which many developing nations' economies are reliant.’
- ‘We are reliant upon debt for our money.’
- ‘Were clouds to close in, the aircraft would be reliant upon three instruments to aid the navigator.’
- ‘We are a small open island economy, heavily reliant on our external trading partners for our economic prosperity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.