One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which, when secreted by the hypothalamus, promotes the release of a specified hormone from the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland.
- ‘Finally, mast cells, which reside in the endothelium, can be activated by increases in corticotropin releasing factor related to stress.’
- ‘Corticotropin releasing factor is a critical integrator of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in response to stress.’
- ‘One of these, corticotrophin releasing factor, is present throughout the limbic system.’
- ‘Like depression, post-traumatic stress disorder is associated with increased secretion of corticotropin releasing factor.’
- ‘In weightlessness there is a decreased activity of spinal ganglia neurons of the hypothalamic nuclei producing arginine, vasopressin and growth hormone releasing factor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.