One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted by the placenta that causes the cervix to dilate and prepares the uterus for the action of oxytocin during labor.
- ‘In the third trimester your body releases a hormone called relaxin, which loosens the joints to allow for easier passage of the baby.’
- ‘The hormone relaxin is thought to promote cervical ripening.’
- ‘The hormone relaxin is released in your system in increased levels during your pregnancy so be more careful to not overload the body with impact (jumping/running) and stretch much more gently.’
- ‘During pregnancy, there's an increase in the hormone relaxin, which results in looser joints throughout pregnancy and for several months after giving birth.’
- ‘In addition, the increase in production of the hormone relaxin (which the body uses to prepare for labor) causes a loosening of the connective tissue around those joints and creates instability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.